Monday, August 17, 2009

Summer fun with the boys.

So two weeks ago Shawn, Lauren the boys came up and stayed with us. They all needed a summer vacation before heading back to school. The weekend was filled with lots of food and fun.

SIX FLAGS AND THE DREADED STROLLER
We made a trip to Six Flags, and when I say trip I mean a FULL day trip. We were there from opening to close. By about 6:30 that day Trent, who is 4 now, was getting a little tired of walking around the park. So instead of giving him piggy back rides ever 30 minutes I decided I would go rent him a stroller. While the rest of the group went and rode the titan, me and Trent made the journey to go get a stroller. The place you had to rent them from was at the very entrance of the park (we were no where close to this.) So I haul him all the way to the entrance and rent this nice big blue stroller thing. I pay the guy my $10 plus a $5 deposit, at this point I do not care how much it costs. I just can't haul Trent around anymore. So the guy brings it out and sits it down. I load Trent up and take off. Well back up..... the guy brings it out and Trent informs me that he "will not ride in that thing." I go on to bribe him into it by promising I will buy him ice cream. lol...... So he loads up. I start pushing and automatically notice that it isn't rolling right. I just blow it off and think that it must just be messed up (you know like the carts at Wal-mart).
So I keep pushing, but this cart thing is really starting to kick my butt. I'm thinking at this point i could have carried him easier than doing this. One wheel was not turning AT ALL. It was just like skidding thru the park. I stop get me and Trent both some ice-cream and head back to the point we are supposed to meet at. We get back and Trent informs me that his $4 ice cream bar is gross. I decided to toss it and me and him split my snickers ice cream bar. Around this time Shawn, Lauren and the boys get back. I start venting about the stupid stroller and how it messed up. Lauren dies laughing........ all you mom's have probably already guessed it............ I pushed the stroller half way thru the stupid park with the brake on.

WATERPARK AND MORE WATER
So Friday they decided they wanted to go to the waterpark. I needed to catch up on some work so they went with out me. They got back to the house around 4 that afternoon. I was expecting the boys to be exhausted, but they came straight in and got in the pool. The boys and Jeremy played hard. They love their uncle Jeremy.

Right before Jeremy spun them round and round.

There was lots of this...
And this... I think you get the hint.
And one adorable picture of Trent.
That night we cooked out steaks and potatoes and had a huge birthday meal. One of the boys cornered me the kitchen and gave me birthday spankings. It was overall a great weekend. I love being around my family. I enjoy every moment with the boys (even the dreaded stroller ones); it is hard not being around to see them grow up.

Sorry the post is so long - those boys could fill up an entire page just on their own . They always keep us laughing.





2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious about the stroller! I totally would have done the same thing, griping the whole way... I'm telling you what. Your nephews are SO... STINKING... CUTTEEEEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww... i miss seeing those boys! i bet y'all had a blast! WELL, minus the whole stroller incident. don't feel bad ~ i still don't know how to work the stupid things!

    ReplyDelete